Juliette’s Korean 1st Birthday Dol DIY Projects

 

Made a name display with Dollar Tree Picture frames and candlesticks and scrapbooking paper from Joann. First mounted paper to foamboard cut to size. Removed the glass and  adhered to the candlestick with Liquid Nail and a sliver of foamboard to support the back of the frame. Juliette’s mama chose the font and requested to make the letters stand out very bold with a black outline around the letters. IMG_4820 IMG_4822 IMG_4825 IMG_4828

 

Another project we did was making the Korean Dol Go Im towers. Her colors were neon rainbow so I bought post it notes in her colors to save time on cutting paper and wrapped the traditional hershey miniatures (not the nuggets). and hot glued them to an empty oatmeal container cylinder. Sad I didn’t take a good pic before the party :(

IMG_4827

 

Quilt for Baby Matthew

For my new nephew MattyIMG_4546

IMG_4535 IMG_4547 IMG_4549

 

 

Ottoman Reupholstery Project

IMG_4084

Crib Bumpers for Baby Matthew

photo 2Finished making custom size crib bumpers for my cousin’s baby due in July. She has a portable crib and the crib bumpers for that size go for about $150 online! She brought over the Soft & Crafty precut bumper foams, snuggle flannel in two colors, and 12 yards of simplicity 3/8″ piping and we watched a tutorial on youtube to get started.

It was my first time making piping and making crib bumpers so my final product definitely reflects my learning curve.

Some things I learned and wanted to jot down for future:

I don’t have to use craft store piping, I can get similar stuff at a hardware store apparently

Its a good idea to baste the piping to one layer first with a wide stitch

Pinning on the backing helps but my machine still wanted to feed top and bottom a little unevenly-

I was able to fit the cushions in from the short sides of the bumper

I was able to insert two separate cuts of foam without too much problem or noticeability

When closing the opening with hand sewing it helped to have the opening be on the short side as opposed to anywhere on the long sides- for a cleaner effect.

Initially I didn’t account for how much the hem would take up width and consequently had to trim my foam more than once

Overall this was a great project for learning how to prep piping and sew it in. I’m ready to sew some new seat cushions with piping next!

 

Christmas Wreath Class

 

BSBWreathgradientIMG_3711I led a Christmas wreath class for the ladies group at my church. We followed this Dollar Store Ornament Wreath pattern from AJ’s Craft Room on youtube.

Here is my wreath. I may update some of the other wreaths later

Quilted Christmas Stockings

 

 

IMG_3705 IMG_3708

I made these for my church kids! I used this online tutorial by Missouri Star Quilt and drafted my own stocking shape from an old calendar. The materials i used were snuggle flannel from Joanns (the one that is priced insanely low about once a year around Thanksgiving). For batting I pieced together all the scrappy strips I had saved after trimming down a quilt sandwich. (I overlapped the batting and used a wide zigzag to piece them together for this craft project). For liner I used fabric that I had. And for the loop, instead of sewing a tube and flipping it inside out I made bias tape using 3″ strips and edge sewed the side closed which was far more time efficient. I’m very happy with the results.image image image

 

 

Alexander Quilt

IMG_3555-001

 

 

Wreath Class Banner

 

I designed this for my church’s first Women’s Ministry Craft coming up! I’ll have to add photos of the event later!BSBWreathgradient

Church Web Banners

Some recent web banners I did for church. The youth group banner doodles was done by my husband.

FamilyVisionNightBanner

youthbanner (1)BSBretreatbanner

Alexander Quilt

 

IMG_1575image